The NCWA is a non-profit organisation, providing services to the broader neurological community via our Neurocare model. Our function is to provide expert neurological nursing care through an integrated model. The aim being to provide quality information, support and education to ensure the person living with the impact of neurological diagnosis or symptoms have the knowledge and ability to focus on their wellness and are able to maximise their potential. The NCWA has engaged in a number of activities which has developed the service model and provided evidence of impact on value-based outcomes.
Integrated Neurological Nurse (Albany)
The Integrated Neurological Nurse (INN) will act as a specialist resource to people and their carers, who are living with the impact of a neurological condition. An important element of this role will be to assist and lead in the development of local growth and links with the acute and community sector so would be well suited with someone with existing links.
The job will be full-time or part-time (negotiable), with hours to be worked between 8.30 am and 4.30 pm Monday to Friday - this role will be based in Albany Office providing community support across the Great Southern region.
Successful applicants must have:
- Eligibility for registration, with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Knowledge of and experience of supporting and managing clients with neurological need.
- Ability to provide information and education, assessment, emotional counselling, support and advocacy to people with neurological conditions and their carers.
- Demonstrated ability to provide education and training through strong communication and interpersonal skills to health professionals and service providers in the care needs of people with neurological conditions.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to compile service activity reports through basic Microsoft Office and typing skills.
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Current and valid police clearance.
NOTE: Mentorship and support will be provided and will include a short placement with the Perth team
Please provide a brief cover letter and resume illustrating interest and applicable skills for the role.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.