An estimated one in eight people suffer from a Neurological condition which is a condition affecting the brain and central nervous system…
These conditions include:
Rarer Neurological Conditions
Community Neurological nurses supporting ALL people living with the impact of a Neurological condition.
The Neurological Council of WA provides a Community neurological nursing service called Neurocare
to support all people living with the impact of a Neurological condition. There are more than 600 Neurological conditions, some of which are very debilitating and degenerative and require support to enable the person to function in their home and community. Based in Perth Metro, Great Southern, Mid West and the South West, the Neurocare program through the Community Neurological Nurse offers the following services:
- Condition management
- Development of a care and lifestyle support plan
- Emotional Support
- Explanation of health and wellbeing changes
- Support with translation and of treatment and management plans
- Liaising with health professionals and multi-disciplinary teams
- Assistance with navigating the system and finding the right support, signposting
- Problem solving and assistance
- Assistance with maintaining independence
- Clients can access Neurocare at any time they feel the need for support, including at pre-diagnosis, diagnosis and post-diagnosis.
To access services call 1800 645 771 or email: email@example.com Monday to Friday during 8.30am-4.30pm. As well as operating in the Perth Metro area, The Neurological Council of WA also has a Community Neurological Nurse Service in Bunbury, Manjimup, Albany Geraldton and surrounds.
Our nurses will visit you in your home and can assist with information about the course of your condition, education about treatment and drugs, liaise with GPs, neurologists and health professionals on your behalf and provide you with many helpful resources and referrals for personal and peer support.
These services are sponsored by the
Home and Community Care HACC Programme