Neurological Peak Body
As a health peak, we work in collaboration with research, health & disability professionals and organisations to champion brain health. We are focused on the vital role in increasing community awareness, understanding and management of neurological conditions
The important work we do in this space is focused around the following pillars.
We aim to identify, strengthen, and amplify the voice of people impacted by neurological conditions to influence policy, plans, legislation, and funding.
Over the past 18 years, the Neurological Council served on the Neurosciences Health Network, which was highly successful in developing many important strategies, policies, and guidelines to establish state-wide services.
Major achievements include:
- The Stroke Model of Care and associated tPA Guidelines & State-wide Telestroke Service
- Epilepsy, Motor Neuron Disease, Otitis Media, Dementia Models of Care
- Eye Health Strategy
- Neurological Community Profile and associated Community Service Directory & Community Services Funding Model
- WA Country Outpatient Reform
- National Disability Insurance Scheme reform impacting those living with Rapidly Degenerative Progressive Neurological Conditions
- Establishment of WA Neurology Fellowships
- Neurology HealthPathways
Collaborate with government, business, research organisations, and community stakeholders to advance the availability of multidisciplinary and multisectoral neurological services.
We actively work with a wide variety of organisations including:
- The Department of Justice
- Carers WA
- Palliative Care WA
- Perron Institute
- Department of Communities
- Volunteers WA
- Council of the Aging
- Older Persons Advocacy Network
We actively collaborate with organisations with a common purpose to create collective impact through ongoing communication, research, mutually reinforcing activities, sharing resources, advocacy, and sector representation.
- Find out more about Centre for Neurological Support.
- Read about the Community Neurological Leaders Forum.
We create neurological health promotion campaigns aimed at increasing awareness of the importance of promoting and protecting brain health and preventing neurological disorders.