• Nursing Consultation Service - Freecall 1800 645 771

Our History

The History of NCWA

The Neurological Council of WA (NCWA)was founded in July 1992 at 320 Rokeby Road Subiaco. The Council and several affiliated organisations located there, pooled together  resources and knowledge to promote the common and individual goals of their organisations within the neurological sector.  The NCWA continues to work with its member organisations to promote mutual needs and interests. The mission of the Neurological Council of WA is;

 “To work in partnership with government and non-government organisations to ensure appropriate services are accessible for all people with neurological conditions.”

In July 2002, the NCWA and sixteen affiliated organisations moved into the new, purpose-built Lotteries building complex known as The Niche, housed in the area known as the Centre for Neurological Support (CNS). The NCWA manages the tenancies  of the members housed at The Centre for Neurological Support.

The NCWA identified there were many neurological conditions that did not have a specialist organization to offer supports. After securing funding in 1995, the NCWA expanded its services to people with neurological conditions and their carers in the Perth metropolitan area. In 2001, the Community Neurological Nurse service was introduced in some regional areas of WA with this service growing to now cover the Perth Metro, South West, Great Southern and Mid West (this service is now known as Neurocare).